Question on Declination Ref Northern Sweden/Lapland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have a map {170 Jokkmokk, VAGKARTAN, Skala 1:100,000}

Unfortunately, I dont speak swedish, and its a slightly older map anyway, {January 2008}

I was wondering if anyone can tell me of a website, or anywhere I can find out what the present declination is?

Or does anyone have a map with that info on it?

My Maps from 2008, so the info on it will be wrong anyway, but it does say on the back cover, +7. Now, I dont know if thats a reference to the declination, but if so, does that mean that the declination should be set 7 degrees easterly?

Im thinking the + [plus sign] means follow the degrees on your compass Easterly?{I.E from 0-360, rather than the reverse which would be a westerly declination.} Is that right?

I would guess its probably a couple of degrees more than it was in 2008, {my maps publication date} and can someone just confirm its an easterly declination I should be setting?

Come on, help please. :) And a chance to show off your superior navigation skills.:D

No guesses please. Just informed fact needed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Never mind, found it, current variation is 8.03 degrees east [plus] on an swedish military aeronautical chart, which is about 6.5km from kaskats.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE