Question for the Dutch Brethren

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've just replaced my much-used and very useful Dutch 30L daysack, and the one that arrived is brand new and slightly different to the old. On the top of each shoulder strap is the female end of a side-release buckle stitched to a loop and pointing downwards; this looks as if it is there for accommodating some form of chest pack or roll, but I've been unable to track down any info.so far.

I'd love to know what they're for, but really could use such a thing if it were to be available, as the only drawback to this pack is that it has sometimes been too small. I'd be really grateful if anybody knows where to get this from, or even what it originally was............perhaps somebody who did National Service in the Netherlands or who knows someone who did so?

Thanks in advance....................atb mac

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
From your description those clips are for the old sleepingbag. It's quite bulky, so it was carried on the chest. AFAIK this technique is no longer used, due to the SMP (Soldier Modernisation Program) - which offered field personel a better sleepsystem.

I've seen some pics on the net ... I'll try to dig them up.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's great - thanks very much for the info, Ahjno, I thought it had to be a carry system of some sort - guess I'll have to make something up to clip to the front..............atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE