quazaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
hey....you never guess what?

remember i got a bargain MSR stove a few months ago for a few quid?

i have a new bargain :twisted:

how about a Wild Country(Terra nova) Quazar?

on the last day of my course we had a massive clear up and chuck out of the college stores, we knew some stuff to be chucked was ok, so put it to one side.
getting chucked was stuff like old oilskin outfits, old rucksacks with metal parts!, some tents, several paddles and wet suits etc.

just as it was getting chucked i grabbed a tent marked "quazar" purely to pinch guylines or suchlike for my own use, i had a quick look inside to makesure it wasn't just trash, and saw a tent.

later after checking with the course director i took the tent.....

FREE OF CHARGE!!!

so now i have a Quazar tent worth somewhere in the region of £300-£500.
for free.

the only down side is there are no poles or pegs :cool:

pegs are easy and poles are not going to cost too much!

so now i have a tent suitable for 4 season+ conditions reccomended by Mr mears, and seen on the film touching the void!

it is a funny colour though the inner has an almost military desert colouring and the outer is near as danm it cream.

oh and i picked up some free alloy poles too! the middle section was brocken so who ever it was chucked the lot! :eek:):

the rest was taken and compressesd for rubbish the same day! :cry:

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Lucky git! I thought I was doing well getting a Rab Ladakh 600 reduced from 230 to 130 quid from outside.co.uk. I ordered left hand zip, but they phoned me to say they only had one left and it was right hand zip. It is supremely warm and packs down tiny.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE