Quality Sharps and shinies to swap.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
"Vintage" Winchester Lock knife from the 1980s I think.Mine from new.
Hand made in 440 stainless it has a perfect solid lock and takes a fantastic edge.
I think this was a limited edition produced to celebrate some milestone in the company's history.
The lock is marked 7466.It did not come with a belt pouch but I have included this one.

Stu Barker PSK next.Number 19 with a linen Micarta handle over black liners.
2 Brass pins and one stunning mosaic pin.It does not have a sheath as I have never carried it.
The handle is just too small for me to be comfortable with.There is a small flat on the butt end
of one scale caused when I dropped it.It would polish out just fine.NOW GONE

Frost Lapplander90 handled in Masur Birch over red liners.In stainless flavour.
This is a lovely little knife for a smaller hand but a bit little for my huge paws.
Junior loves it but has grown out of it too with hands like shovels.Easy to use and holds a good edge for ages.
The best bit is that it comes complete with a lovely leather sheath with firesteel holder and USED horned firesteel.
Sheath is by the infamous Black Sheep and features the BCUK leaf logo too.NOW GONE

Schrade OLD TIMER in ok condition for age.Would make a nice project as it's good steel and holds an edge well
Too small for me and I don't have the time or the skills to spend on it.

Spyderco Endura in ATS55 out of seki city Japan.Black FRN handle and big Spydiedge blade.Comes with box
and pocket clip.Blade and scales in excellent condition but a little wear to the pocket clip.
Very sharp and very tactical with a good strong lockup and very easy one hand opening.

Marttini of Finland big Scandi chopper next.Another project I don't think I'm going to get round to.Big heavy blade
and stunning handle.Not sure if it is Birch or Maple but is very nicely figured.Bolster and end cap are in Nickel.
I think I have a sort of a sheath for this somewhere which I will throw in if I can find it.Needs some attention
but holds an edge well and will make a very sound Leuku-type heavy knife or camp knife.NOW TRADED SO NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Photos here http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/plastic-ninja/
Cheers , Simon
Strangely the album has arranged itself backwards.I think you can manage to work out what's what.

In exchange for one or more of the above I would like:
Good quality , prefer laminated carving blades by good makers.Not Moras as I have those already.

Spoon carver knife blades as above.

The tiny GB carving hatchet/belt axe thingy.

Leather for sheath/belt use.3mm + veg tan.

Horn/antler for handles and scales.

A big tarp. Ideally 5m x 4m or similar.material unimportant.

A nice handmade leather belt for knife/pouch etc.Must be 2" wide heavy duty and 44" plus to fit outside topcoat in winter.

Offers what have you in mind?
Cheers , Simon.​

Last edited:

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Simon

I have a couple of hand made belts, but they are only 37", and need a buckle, which I would be happy to provide.

Not sure if they would be any use to you at all.

Regards

Phill

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
The belts sound a bit too short for me thanks Phil.
I need to be able to have them on the outside of topcoat in winter and I DID eat all the pies so will need to be big.
Cheers , Simon

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Tengu ; your big knife is on the way.
The sheath will follow as soon as I locate it in the kitmine.I know it's there somewhere!
Cheers , Simon

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
interested in two large/heavy weight silver rings for the chrade mate? overal weight is think is around 50 grams. good to wear or to smelt down to amek various other bits.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Would they be suitable for incorporating into a knife handle?
I have a few projects on the go and could use some silver with a bog oak one.
Pictures would help too.
Cheers , Simon

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Barker PSK is now sold.
It also seems that the Spydie Endura is quite a special one. This version in AT 55 was a special steel made by Hitachi exclusively for Spyderco and has been retired for about 10 years. This model is becoming sought after by collectors so get in now and beat the rush.
Cheers , Simon

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Ok chaps , a quick update.
I am still looking to trade the Winchester lock knife
theOld Timer and the Spyderco.
Open to offers but ideally something from my list or similar would be nice.
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE