Quality issues with Gransfors Bruks Axestone

Jackdaw

I took charge of a Gransfors Bruks Axestone at the beginning of the weekend but have had to wait until tonight before I had chance to use it to sharpen my Husqvarna axe.

After using it for about 5 minutes, the two halves fell apart. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm going to glue them back together once the stone has dried out enough but I really shouldn't have to do it. It's the first bit of Gransfors Bruks kit I've purchased and I'm a bit disappointed. I'm sure it won't put me off buying one of their axes at some point, but it's still disappointing all the same.

Jack.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
You're right, it shouldn't happen, but i'm pretty sure if you contact Gransfors, they would be happy to send you a replacement.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
are they not meant to come apart ? like the DC4 ? ....when you wear one side out, just turn them over an you have a good clean surface again ?

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Over many years of selling them, I have only come across the problem once. A guy in NI called to say that his had come apart in the post - this was a few years back now.

Whoever you got it from should send you a replacement and cover your postage - as it sounds like their was a failure with the glue.

PS. The one that got returned had a date with some araldite and is still going strong

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE