Probably time to say hello!

Having been lurking for about a year, I guess I should (finally) introduce myself. It was great to find a UK-centric forum, having been disappointed with other forums that had either a strong American bias, or constant flame wars (or both).

I'm one of those people who's generally interested in pretty much everything, I guess 'curious' is a good word -- if I see something new, I want to know what it is, what it does, how does it do it, what else could it do -- from wild plants to stone age tools and technologies to computers.

I'm lucky enough to work as a web developer for a tiny company, on the edge of some lovely beech woods, so I'm able to go out for an hour or so each morning before work, and at lunch times, and I get to bring my dog to work!

I'm hugely impressed (and slightly intimidated) with the levels of skill demonstrated by many of you, and have already learnt a lot from just reading. I'm keen to try some leather work, and to try my hand at creating a leather-bound journal.

I'm sure, like many of you, I have to resist the constant urge to purchase shiny new pieces of kit -- I've been a Leatherman fan for years, and got a fair bit of stuff left over from my Geology degree (which was great for getting out and about in some remote places). I've recently added a Lapp Puukko, and the obligatory spoon-carving knife.

I expect I should do some work now, or I could go on for hours. I must try to make the effort to make a bit more of a contribution.

--
Marcus

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE