Prices up

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I went onto the Woodlore site this evening to buy the next few months stock of Pine Tar soap (love the stuff, it is absolutely brilliant, and the smell is great!!).

But...is it just me, not having been on Ray's site for a while, but prices seemed to have jumped - £95 for a pouch, £95 for a book cover, £90 for a knife sheath, etc.... ouch!!

Fortunately my favourite soap has stayed the same price....phew :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Shipping prices have gone up a lot this last year or so; I recently shipped a stove to the USA and was stunned at how much courier prices had risen.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Sadly postage/shipping prices have gone up worldwide. To the point where if I see anything overseas I have to factor in the post costs, as a frequent visitor to BC-US there's lots of gear I would like but the post costs put me off. There are a few steel strikers I like but for a $20 striker the post cost is more than half the cost of the striker. It's not the vendors fault they have to cover post costs or end up loosing money.

I recently sent my brother in law a Spurs shirt and the postage cost of that was about 9GBP international tracked and signed for. Trouble is the big vendors can go to the Royal Mail or USPS and tell them we'll ship XX thousands of units and we'll pay this for each unit and the postal company agrees knowing it's guaranteed money and they make up the difference by upping the costs for the little guy occasional shipper.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE