Powdered Wine

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Hi All,

Have any of you had any experience of Trek'n Eat powdered wine?

4dd67b036d.jpg

http://www.trekking-mahlzeiten.de/t...Getraenkepulver_547.html?L=1&cHash=7ae95372ca

I cannot find any uk reseller buy I have emailed them for shipping costs. They also do a cheeseburgers in a can :D and they are a spin off from Katadyn beleive it or not, you know the water filter people, those mad Swiss:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tried something very similar at a music festival a few years ago which tasted more like vinegar than wine.

Not a big wine fan myself anyway but that stuff was bad.:yuck:

Rich

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
Crazy swiss indeed. I think recent developments in freeze drying have improved milk and even meat products, but I don't think it extends to wine. Better off mixing your own in the field from grape concentrate plus vodka.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Crazy swiss indeed. I think recent developments in freeze drying have improved milk and even meat products, but I don't think it extends to wine. Better off mixing your own in the field from grape concentrate plus vodka.

I bet it would but I doubt it would taste like wine, when you think about it wine does not taste much like grape juice. I might be just being perverse but I want to try it even if it tastes like Malteses or Egyptian wine ;)

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
I have to say I haven't tried the wine. I've tried other products from the same source and they were fine. Better than I expected actually.

But they're not cheap. And I thought, well, wine is really a luxury. If I'm pushed for weight or space then I can do without it. If I'm not pushed for space or weight then take a bottle (or fill a plastic bottle to save weight) and take glasses too. Somehow plastic or metal against the lip while drinking wine doesn't feel right.But I think I could be mega fussy on this point. If I'm on an overnighter with something suitable to eat then I fill an old jam jar with good fitting lid. Then I've got container and drinking vessel in one. And you can swing in the hammock as you sip. Screw the top on as you climb in and out.

When I first saw the dehydrated wine I was reminded of my 1980's homebrew days where you used to be able to buy "Gin and Tonic" kits. They made about 3 gallons. Just add sugar and yeast and wait. Essentially you were adding alcohol to a flavouring mix. A bit like how mass produced lager is made now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE