Potato or onion storage bag

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
potato or onion storage bag
Open drawstring to add items, reach through slit to retrieve them. No need to take bag off hook and take them through top of bag.

8CrJMeo.jpg

Last edited:

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
I could use a few of those, I know exactly where to hang them. Potatoes, onions, oranges & garlic heads.
Is that difficult to do?
I have been making nets for over 40 years . Making a slit in a net bag is not difficult but not a project for a beginning net maker.

Here is a link to an easier storage bag I posted a few days ago

simple net bag tutorial

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I got an email a couple of weeks ago, Tony, saying that the pineapple knot forum was to be 'mothballed'. I was sorry to hear it, and trying the link just now I find it goes to an advert site.

If you have no other hosting links in place, I pretty sure I can give you the address of at least two forums that would host your tutorials for you, and at no cost.
Let me know if I can help ?

In the meantime I like that net bag :D I like the straightforward practicalness of it :) I think that would be a handy thing in a tent or hanging neath a hammock or tarp too.

atb,
M

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I do not remember how it is in UK, but here both onions and garlic comes in netting bags ( unless bought loose), but potatoes usually in plastic bags.

A super idea to make your own!

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Same here, Janne, and the potatoes sweat in the plastic bags. I like the onions in a bin as they are forever shedding flakes.
I've got >2kg garlic that needs some air, too. I like oranges, Navel in particular. Need a place for those.
The real deal is that asemery's mesh bags get these things up off the bench and I need that space and not for storage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE