please help! dog friendly ideas

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Afternoon folks,

Ive been scanning theough googpe for the past few days now trying to find what im looking for but keep coming up blank. Basically, it's my girlfriends birthday on the 19th april and I wanted to surprise her by taking her away for the weekend with her new puppy and go walking somewhere, ive been looking for like self catering cabins or lodges and stuff like that in the peak district and sherwood forest etc but they all seem to be mega expensive! Like 300 quid for a weekend!?

My criteria are:

Under 150 quid for a weekend
Dog friendly
Ideally a little scenic/picturesque but thats becoming less important now I just want to find somewhere
Within a 2 hour drive of derby
Close to somewhere we can go with the dog!

Any help really would be appreciated! I know im asking a lot here

Thanks in advance
Jordan

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You won't want a great deal of walking space for the dog if it's a new puppy; people don't realise how harmful it can be to let them walk/run too much at a young age, but I'm sure you know all that.

Sorry I don't know the area you mention, but I hope you find somewhere nice and have a great weekend :)

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I know, nightmare! 225 is still a bit steep to be honest, that place looks absolutely perfect but still being an apprentice I have to be a tight **** ;)

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Tent and a campsite? Travel further to Scotland and camp for free? or a bothy?

or you could try campinmygarden.com?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
How about somewhere like Llandudno in North Wales?

Thats only 2hours and a bit from Derby.

Something like THIS is only £262 for 7 nights, so give them call and ask them if you can just book it for a weekend. Or THIS. It says they'll do weekend breaks.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Lots of useful info here. i think you!ll struggle to get what you want within your budget tbh. Have you thought of glamping? Maybe a yurt or tipi would be a bit cheaper?

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Thanks for the info everyone, i finally found what i was looking for!

Little old 16th century farmhouse B&B, dog friendly, didnt even need to pay any extra to have the dog with us :) owners seem lovely and within budget so all round it's worked out well. I appreciate your help guys!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE