pike bit

Cooper90

I fish a pool in the midlands Patshull Great Pool and there are some big pike in there but there is a stuffed pike or should i says Pike's in the lodge.
Both fish are mounted in a case what happened was a pike estimated 11lb tried to devour another pike, head first estimated at 10lb.
They were found floating in the lodge bay.
They are greedy buggars

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
not to far from where i live there is a place called llangorse lake the pike are massive a few people have lost there dogs there because the pike take em of the top of the water when they are swimming:eek: think there are some vids of this place on you tube

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
There's a local pond where I have personally seen the ducks get pulled under by something, I always assumed it must have been a pike but it could just be that the ducks, bored with the usual method of diving decided on a change and started diving **** first instead;)

They usually come back up making a lot of noise after being pulled under but I'm guessing that smaller ducks would disappear for good.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
as i said in another thread, for a few years in a row in the same place i have had a pike strike at me when i was on the bank near its nest. it sure scares the crap out of you, seeing those two eyes staring at you and that huge gob full of teeth coming at you!
they do taste great and when you get a large one on perch tackle they can be one hell of a good fight!

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I was fishing in spain and caught this huge pike, it put up a real struggle and wouldnt go back, being in spain it was roasting so i swam out with it so it could get to colder water quicker and we sat there for ages till it got its breath back.

Bloody thing followed me all the way back to the side, thought it was going to be hanging off my butt cheeks at one point, scary when a 4ft long fish with a mouth full of pin sharp teeth has you in its gun sights!!!

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
jesus! you got in with it! first one i caught i bloody ran 20ft up the bank screaming and reeling as fast as i could, it smashed a small lure off the surface and bent my little perch rod right over! landed that bloody quick! it was only about 10lb but when your 7 and your lure explodes in a shower of teeth its damn scary!
gotta love pike!

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
jesus! you got in with it! first one i caught i bloody ran 20ft up the bank screaming and reeling as fast as i could, it smashed a small lure off the surface and bent my little perch rod right over! landed that bloody quick! it was only about 10lb but when your 7 and your lure explodes in a shower of teeth its damn scary!
gotta love pike!

Your a fan of light tackle then?:);)

I was fishing in spain and caught this huge pike, it put up a real struggle and wouldnt go back, being in spain it was roasting so i swam out with it so it could get to colder water quicker and we sat there for ages till it got its breath back.

Bloody thing followed me all the way back to the side, thought it was going to be hanging off my butt cheeks at one point, scary when a 4ft long fish with a mouth full of pin sharp teeth has you in its gun sights!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:goodjob

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
i fish the river medmay in maidstone for them usually on lures and it's weird how one day they will be smashing into lures and tail walking and then the next day you'll barely feel the bite. They are fearsome predators but i think that's what always has intruged me and made me feel lucky because i get to fish for them. Never tried eating one but one day i will i suppose

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Must say I had to laugh at this:lmao:

I've known them to attack divers as well, nasty buggers. I like dogfish personally, nice to handle:fishing:

Commoner

Jan 29, 2010
Hampshire
I fished and ate loads of pike as a kid, deep fried is good, crunchy bones...
Fishing buddy found swan drowned in R Bann with dead pike trying to swallow it!!! - like you say, greedy buggers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE