PHOTON Re-placement L.E.D Bulb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s not a bulb, it’s an LED. It’ll be soldered to a circuit board and not replaceable. Well, not easily anyway.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Any 5mm LED should work. Unfortunately I don't seem to have any.

No circuit boards or soldered joints in a Photon, or at least in the ones I've seen. Just one LED leg makes direct contact with the battery, and other via a dome switch.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Any 5mm LED should work. Unfortunately I don't seem to have any.

No circuit boards or soldered joints in a Photon, or at least in the ones I've seen. Just one LED leg makes direct contact with the battery, and other via a dome switch.
Hadn’t realised how basic they are. Makes them a bit overpriced really.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Actually even more basic than I thought, they rely on a LED leg as a spring to turn off and not a dome.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yeah I knew they were L.E.D's I just wasn't keen on paying a tenner for a new torch if someone had 1 kicking about from a broken Photon.
Cheers
If you google 5mm led you’ll turn up all sorts. They’ll be under £1 but obviously there’s postage to add.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
If you google 5mm led you’ll turn up all sorts. They’ll be under £1 but obviously there’s postage to add.
As Rich said, leds are really cheap. But you have to be really clear on what you are ordering. Check the current led specs and get the same or up grade.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yeah, kind of a thing a physical electronics/hobby shop would have and it'd work out cheaper.

Any ~3v (Forward voltage) 5mm LED should work, it's just question whether only needs a single lithium coin cell CR2032 or two CR2016s stacked for higher voltage.
Basically pinch the led legs either side of a single cell, if it lights just needs one, if not try two.

If want to be really particular, Yuji make (or made) High CRI (95+) 5mm LEDs, but they only sell them by the 1,000. Probably someone on a flashlight forum selling in smaller quantities.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Drop me a pm with your address, I'll send you a couple of white LEDs. Don't know what brightness they are but, it's a photon not a search light

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE