Petzl 'OK' Karabiners - Black

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey guys,

Thinking of doing a group buy for the above mentioned karabiners. Perfect for us tree swingers using the pulley system.

Picture 4.jpg

Specifications:

Weight:- 75g
Material: aluminum 7000
Color: Black
Breaking strength:
- major axis: 24 kN
- open gate: 7 kN
- minor axis: 10 kN
Gate opening: 19 mm
3-year guarantee
Model Number: M33 SLN

UPDATE - PRICE DROP

I have had a better quote come through

Any Quantity - £10.54 each (inc PayPal fees) + £1 p&p PER ORDER

Cheers

Mark

Below is a running tally of members who have expressed an interest, inc quantities etc.

Oakhill_Wanderer (me) - 3
Pepperana - 3
Silverhill Forge - 2

Total so far:- 8

Last edited:
I'm going to let this run untill the end of the month and see where we are at then. If there's not enough interest I'm going to have to shut this down. I shall update the opening post with current takers and quantities etc.

I have just purchased a pair of these and have to say that they are great! Excellent build quality as you would expect from Petzl.

@EdS - Personally I prefere krabs, as do a fair amount of people on here, hence the idea of a group buy. Especially as these ones are black, and so are a little more inconspicuous etc. I'm sure there's plenty of threads knocking around with the pros and cons of various attachment techniques though.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Can I be cheeky and ask how much RRP is on these? I'm needing a couple for my hammock setup but at tenner a pop I might have to wait till payday rolls around before I can justify the expense. When are you thinking of placing the order?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Can I be cheeky and ask how much RRP is on these? I'm needing a couple for my hammock setup but at tenner a pop I might have to wait till payday rolls around before I can justify the expense. When are you thinking of placing the order?

RV Ops has them for GBP 12.25

http://www.rvops.co.uk/karabiner-504.html

I have a few of these Petzl oval karabiners in my kit as they are really useful with a pulley for cravasse rescues and hauling in general. As karabiners go they are nice.. The red indicator lets you know if you've left the gate undone...

I've not used them Hammocking...

HTH

John

@pepperana - no worries mate, updated accrdingly.

@highbinder - looking to order around the first week in September

@wattsy - I used to have a couple of maillions, and by buddy still does. I found them very good indeed, but a little on the heavy side, and the screw gates were sometimes a pain with cold/wet fingers! I'm sure everyone has their own preference, and their reasoning behind it. There's bound to be a million threads knocking about with the pros and cons of various attachment methods.

Now then, back to business! any more for anymore?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE