Perseids.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Saw a couple the other night,
Just fir fun, I wished upon a shooting star for a "fairy door" for my gardens wimsy magic area, next day, I found a beauty.
Wonder if it will work again tonight. ?

This weekend I led an overnight backpack trip for California State Parks to see the Perseids in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We hiked to the Pacific Ocean side of the top of the mountains to escape the light pollution of Silicon Valley.

It was not the peak of the shower, but I thought it was a rather slow year. We only witnessed half a dozen meteors between 9:00 pm and midnight. This was slower than previous years.

Fortunately, I had a UV flashlight and was able to find and fluoresce some scorpions to show the trip participants. One was hanging out very close to the hand-washing station we set up. Another was surprisingly close to the tarp we set out on the ground so people could lie out under the stars to watch the meteors. :oops:

Everyone had a good time. But it seemed to be an "off year" for meteors.

- Woodsorrel

Reactions: crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
This weekend I led an overnight backpack trip for California State Parks to see the Perseids in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We hiked to the Pacific Ocean side of the top of the mountains to escape the light pollution of Silicon Valley.

It was not the peak of the shower, but I thought it was a rather slow year. We only witnessed half a dozen meteors between 9:00 pm and midnight. This was slower than previous years.

Fortunately, I had a UV flashlight and was able to find and fluoresce some scorpions to show the trip participants. One was hanging out very close to the hand-washing station we set up. Another was surprisingly close to the tarp we set out on the ground so people could lie out under the stars to watch the meteors. :oops:

Everyone had a good time. But it seemed to be an "off year" for meteors.

- Woodsorrel
I saw 20 or so between 11 and midnight while lying in my hammock, then nodded off.

Reactions: woodsorrel

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Took the camper out to a dark sky area at East Dean on Sunday afternoon and saw a few around midnight, then went to bed and set an alarm for 4.00, I’d read they peak the hour before dawn.

This is a nice, easy going campsite tucked away at the edge of the forest.

Well, I woke up ok but going back to sleep seemed a much better idea than getting up and pulling my trousers on. ;)

Was going to stay another night but was already too hot at 8am.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE