Pattern 58 Bottle Strap

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Hi all,

I was watching Bear Grylls in Scotland the other day (hilarious as usual!!! :lmao: - "watch me while I fall into a bog on purpose for fun!").

I'm a bit jealous of his shoulder strap for his pattern 58 water bottle though. Does anyone know where I could get one. I really like the tough old plastic bottle but its just too big for a pocket.

Any help is much apporeciated.

Harmonica

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Hi all,

I was watching Bear Grylls in Scotland the other day (hilarious as usual!!! :lmao: - "watch me while I fall into a bog on purpose for fun!").

I'm a bit jealous of his shoulder strap for his pattern 58 water bottle though. Does anyone know where I could get one. I really like the tough old plastic bottle but its just too big for a pocket.

Harmonica
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/manvswild/q-and-a/q-and-a-08.html
barbequeGrylls said:
Q. Bear, on your TV show Man vs. Wild, you carry a NATO water bottle and mug. My question is, how do you carry it? It looks to me that you use a paracord like sling, but how do you tie it to the water bottle without it falling out of the metal mug?
-- survivalboy2
A. I tie it in a "daisy chain," a para technique of looping the rope through itself. It means you can carry a lot of paracord but in a short length. I then tie a loop around the bottle neck that links tight down to the handles of the cup and holds it all in place but is easy to release.

It seems he has someone who makes him daisy chains

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Hi all,

Harmonica

Hi, I've got a 58 waterbottle pouch that could be adapted to go on a belt. If you want it PM me and I'll arrange getting it to you

Gray

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE