Paracord Lanyard

• Thread starter Deleted member 4605
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4605

Taking my inspiration from Stormdrane, I made this Paracord Lanyard the other day. There's approximately 10m of cord in there.

Nice, once mastered it's very easy to apply to lots of projects. Have you tried some of the other more complecated braids? They are total headbangers to get your head around but once you do they look great!

I've made up in the last 3 weeks a king cobra dog collar with brass d rings, 20+ multi-coloured cobra and king cobra bracelets for famility and friends as well as numerous key fobs and the like.The crazy thing is folk just don't believe how much paracord goes into making some of them! Vast lengths! I managed to import some from the states in neon dayglo colours for some tags for my gear as I keep losing stuff that I put down and can't see them!

D

Deleted member 4605

I managed to import some from the states in neon dayglo colours for some tags for my gear as I keep losing stuff that I put down and can't see them!

I'm looking to import some - most of the stuff (see my other paracord projects) are ok to work with, but the stuff I used for this is fantastic.

I made a bracelet with, I think, the same knot as the main part of the lanyard.
A loop and Monkey's fist to close.

Also surprised at how much cord went into it. Almost as much as the floor-length sling I made with the stuff!

Anyone know a good source for proper 550 paracord with the twisted inner strands? The stuff I got was the similar gear with just a bundle of fibres on the inside rather than the genuine twisted 550 stuff.
I'm not too fussed about fancy colours, just green and other military colours would suit me.
A reel would be better than the cut lengths you find in most places.

I like being able to carry decent lengths of the stuff without just stuffing a hank of it into a pocket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE