para cord experiment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
H

halo

hi guys!!

playtime:i've just done a little experiment with some paracord i bought from yeomans camping store,i think it was £6.99 for 15 mtrs,anyway what i did was this purly brainiac style mind you :p i asked my mate to come round with his hiab
and using a half full one tonne rubble sack(the kind builders merchants deliver sand and ballast in) i tied said cord to the handles and the hook on the crane
and started liffting :( it did stretch a bit at first :eek: )i only used about 5 mtrs and it took several good bounces with the crane arm before it snaped :eek: :eek: :D

so if anyones looking for strong cord this ones plenty good enough its got six inner strands.

oh by the way it was all done under controlled conditions ie:my garden and we both stood on the oppertators platform.we estimated the bag weighed in excess of 250kg of wet builders sand.

downside:i lost 5mtrs of paracord :(
upside:it saved me having to barrow half a ton of sand to where i wanted it :D :D

chat to you all later i'm off to play in the sand now(got to do some concreting :( :( )halo

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
£6.99 for 15 metres?! :eek: I think they saw you coming! I wouldn't have paid half that, considering H.M. Supplies up the road from me sells it at 20p a metre. Mind you, by the sounds of it, the stuff you got was better quality, so maybe it wasn't so bad.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I get my cord from HM Supplies and I can attest that it is cheaper but it's not paracord as it has a single inner braid and a woven sheath.

Good enough for what I use it for though.

H

halo

hey guys the cost of it wasn't the issue i did it to actualy see how strong it really
is and its plenty strong enough the price is an elephant :D ie 550 paracord seven inner strands this one has six roughly the same braking strain. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE