Out and about Near Loch Lomond (picture heavy)

Aug 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Hi all,

this is my first post and I thought I would try and make it a good one. I was camping this weekend in the Loch Lomond area and went out on the mushrooms and took a few pictures of what I found.

First up

DSC_0006.jpg

Yellow Stagshorn (Calocera viscosa)

Then

DSC_0013.jpg

Stinkhorn (Phallus impudicus)

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Blushing Wood mushroom (Agaricus silvaticus)

DSC_0026.jpg

Salmon salad (Tremiscus helvelloides)

DSC_0028.jpg

Shaggy Inkcap (Coprinus comatus)

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

The Deceiver (Laccaria laccata)

DSC_0037.jpg

Common Earthball (Scleroderma citrinum)

DSC_0044.jpg

Sulphur Tuft (Hypholoma fasciculare)

and a few more that I was unsure of or unable to ID

DSC_0063.jpg

Ochre Brittlegill (Russula ochroleuca) ??

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

No Idea about this one !

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Quite a few of these about but unable to ID

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Finally there were lots and lots of these but again no ID.

If you have any suggestions to what my mystery mushrooms are that would be great.

Thanks

Douglas

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What fabulous photos:You_Rock_

The amanita looks like a citrina as the the volva is adhered to the stem, it could be the very rare amanita asteropus as there appears is fuzzyness on the stem below the ring. There is no record for a asteropus in the british isles.

Not sure on the others. the bottom appers to be a cortinarius, as it may have web fragments on the stem just below the cap. Big group to look up I maybe awhile.

Some lovely images there. Nice to know I managed to guess-ID a couple from the pictures too. I must be getting better :p

I've never actually seen one in person before, but could the one I've included here be a destroying angel?
There's a couple of things about it that reminded me of the pictures I've seen of one in a book I was reading.

I've only been mycologizing for a few weeks now so I could be way off base there - though thinking something is the angel when it isn't is hardly likely to get me into trouble :D

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Could the bottom one be a Tawny Funnel ?

That crossed my mind to, but tawny funnel caps have plain stems that don't flair out at the bottom. The baby one that is coming out the bottom looks more typical of cortinarius, and the stuff the stem behind the piece of grass looks like the spiders web stuff you get on corts. This is why spore print colours are important, web caps have brown and funnel caps white. It could even be a milk cap.

It is hard work IDing just from photos even when the photos are really good. It does show how many little features you have to look for.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
very nice pictures.

I find it very interesting to learn the english names for the fungi aswell. And with such a good pictureshow, it is manageable to crossreference on my own aswell.
Very good post!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE