OT - anyone owned a husqvarna lawnmower?

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
We are about to buy a house that has a lot of lawn. Don't really want to spend hours every weekend cutting it, so I'm after a biggish mower with a quiet engine.

Came across a husqvarna Royal 49 S with an 18" (45cm) cut, which seems to be large these days.

I know husqvarna make damn good chainsaws, but does anyone have any experience of their mowers?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
We are about to buy a house that has a lot of lawn. Don't really want to spend hours every weekend cutting it, so I'm after a biggish mower with a quiet engine.

Came across a husqvarna Royal 49 S with an 18" (45cm) cut, which seems to be large these days.

I know husqvarna make damn good chainsaws, but does anyone have any experience of their mowers?

I've used them professionally and they're good mowers... solid and reliable.

Got to say though that 18" isn't that large a cut if you've got a lot of lawn to mow, think about at least a 20" preferably 24". Also is the one you're looking at push or self propelled because you soon get knacked pushing a mower :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I haven't used their mowers - but I will next time. I have though got chainsaws, brush cutters and hedge trimmers from them - indeed its either them or Stihl from now on - cheap stuff is a false economy. I rate them highly.

As Steve says, if you have a lot of grass, get the biggest deck you can - ours is 36" (ride on) and bigger would be better

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Aye, I would prefer at least a 24" cut but they are either very pricey machines or like rocking horse pooh around here.

The one I'm looking at is clutch driven. My parents had a clutch-driven 36" cut machine which was great.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Had a Husky self propelling and that was good, only got rid of it to help fund a Husky ride on (2nd hand of course). If it was me, I'd be looking for something during the winter months (especially if 2nd hand), prices are not at so much of a premium.

As other have said, get the widest you can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE