Original Norge Sweater and Shirt Maker?

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Anyone got a name for the company in Norway that makes the original Norge(Norwegian) terry shirt and the sweater with the high velcro neck and thumbholes, not the knock-offs?
Thanks!

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Try Devold. I have seen their terry shirt with thumbholes, but it did not have a velcro neck, but a zip.

tw_photo.gif

http://www.devold.no/

swamp donkey

Forager
Jun 25, 2005
uk
The jumper he is talking about is a wool one and are wonderful (down to my last one :( ), If I remeber correctly Silvermans sell them for about £40

When The Paras started doing Artic, managed to get them to believe that they where made from reindeer wool ;) :D :D :D

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Schwert..thanks for link!
swamp donkey..I have a friend possibly travelling to Norway-wanted to see if they could get me the originals. Will use Silvermans a last resort.
How long did your Norge sweater with last with no holes as compared to a Woolly Pully with all the reinforcement patches? I did have a Norge sweater briefly but it was "lost."

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Most Devold kit is wool so I'd be surprised to link them to the Norgee shirt... however they do make some wonderful terry knit shirts anyway :D just a shame they do not distribute in the UK really :(
My girlfriend managed to source my sweater, but she won't let on where, so I'm guessing she took a trip to Noreg on the sly :rolleyes: :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE