One to watch

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
BBC2's 'The House That a £100k Built ' tonight features a low impact roundhouse being built from locally sourced materials.

Should be interesting to watch

Details here

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Somebody was getting moaned at in the papers yesterday for cutting up an old gas bottle for a light shade, not sure which episode it was though

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Somebody was getting moaned at in the papers yesterday for cutting up an old gas bottle for a light shade, not sure which episode it was though

Oh yes they were and the good old BBC have cut that bit out, of any future airings of the show. As deemed dangerous, and a spokesman from Calor Gas, also said it was lllegal!

Ivan...

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I will look forward to this one. Seems moreinteresting that some of teh others that have been on.

I saw to one when he cut a gas bottle up for a "bespoke" light shade and first thing I thought was very rustic then I Calor are not going to like that. I have heard however that they won't take them back!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Building-a-Low-Impact-Roundhouse.standard%20460x345.jpg

The house that £100k built? [I think you can buy a mansion for that in southern germany cant you?]

The worlds gone insane

I'll give you a tenner for it.

Estate Agent: [No, no we can assure you thats normal, and actually a really good deal]

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Building-a-Low-Impact-Roundhouse.standard%20460x345.jpg

The house that £100k built? [I think you can buy a mansion for that in southern germany cant you?]

The worlds gone insane

I'll give you a tenner for it.

Estate Agent: [No, no we can assure you thats normal, and actually a really good deal]

£95.000 for the land perhaps, all will be revealed at 8 o'clock. :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The concept was great and I think it's going to be a great house to live in but I've got to agree with Robbi, that guy needed a right royal boot up the ar5e to get him going

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
The concept of the programme was great but the reality was pants, the only work they did was when they were filmed and it had so much in fill due to the lack of activity. Truth be know the TV company were committed to the programme and had to go through with it, lesser of the two evils.

the idea of building a house as you go along, might sound, hippy laid back man! You need plans, even the guy from the grand designs, Ben he had a plan, just crazy.

rant over!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE