Oh my god...It's HUGE !!!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Just had a look on an American survival site that sells possibly the worlds biggest firesteel...

Check out this bad boy !!

firesteels.jpg

The bumf

Big Firesteel!
Want the biggest firesteel on the block? The new Bunker firesteel (shown in hand) was manufactured especially for Survival Topics readers.

The Bunker is a full 1/2 inch thick and 5-inches long (12.7 x 127mm). Capable of starting tens of thousands of fires,

These huge firesteels give a shower of sparks like none other. Put The Bunker extra large firesteel in your bunker and never worry again about kindling a blaze!
The Bunker - $24.95

http://www.survivaltopics.com/survival-supplies/

:eek:

R Doull

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2006
Scotland
I've got one of them... (10mm thick) just put an American Walnut handle on it.. with a cord.. got mine from E-bay mind you.. cost about £4 inc P&P

now to try and make a nice neat little leather pouch for it to live in.. :D

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I've got one of them... (10mm thick) just put an American Walnut handle on it.. with a cord.. got mine from E-bay mind you.. cost about £4 inc P&P

now to try and make a nice neat little leather pouch for it to live in.. :D

Make a great "Priest" for fishing too I bet :D

RobertRogers

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 12, 2006
USA
Nobody can say I never gave BushCraftUK a hand - that's my hand in the picture!

I can vouch for the effectiveness of these Firesteels, they are what I use and depend upon for making fires.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Got some from ebay 10mx 100mm, great bit of kit cost £4.99 inc. postage.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
"The Bunker is a full 1/2 inch thick and 5-inches long" Serious question: Can I machine it without causing sparks? I am thinking of making a LED torch out of one.
I'd say it's too brittle, other than that lots of lube, slow feed speed. lots of lube, keep it cool. did I mention lots of lube:lmao:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Redneck,Mine are excellent sparkers,I'll try and find out which seller I got them from and get back to you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE