North Wood Meet Feb' 26~28 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi, we spent half a day at North Wood today to assess access and with a view to changing the communal 'chute for our winter tarp.

access to CP2 was ok, just. the good news is that the frosty nights and dry sunny days will continue into the weekend, according to the Met office that is. :rolleyes: so conditions should improve, with this in mind we will be camping once again on the middle pitch. I will ask that all vehicle movements be kept to an absolute minimum, if we start cutting up the field that privilege will be taken off us by the farmer.

I decided to leave the 'chute in place given the weather forecast but have left the old communal tarp there, just in case. I spent some quality time there rigging the parachute ready for the meet, oh and I have sourced another two communal fire pits! :D

that stack of wood you see in the picture will need to be processed for the fire and I am hoping to clear another area to the right of the parachute. Any help would be appreciated, if you have any sharps saws or even a chainsaw, please bring them along.

on another note, with the recent dip in temperature the farmer has turned on the heating in the toilet block to prevent pipes freezing. it is important that anyone using this facility day or night, will keep the doors shut to retain the heat inside.

Have a safe journey, bring your surplus for the car boot and I look forward to seeing you all. :)

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the guidelines on post 1. please include this line in your paste.

1. Woodspirits 26-28
2. MartinK9 25-28
3. Nomad64 26-28
4. NLW 25-28
5. Bodge Adam Tbc
6. Johnnyboy1971 25-28
7. Preper tbc
8.TinkyPete 25-28
9.Greg & Alison 26-28
10. Kristophish. 26-28
11. Twodogs TBC
12. Rumpole_Stiltskin 25?26-28
13. Gingerbread 26-28
14. AndyT +1

Last edited:

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
Probably a silly question, but with sub zero weather conditions what's the best way of storing water in our pitch area?
I don't fancy waking up to frozen/split water bottles.
Greg

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi Greg no not silly :) forecast is -4 tonight warming up a little as the week goes on, nothing to worry about really. but for peace of mind either wrap it up or store a bottle in the bottom of your sleeping bag, rucksack, boots etc.

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
Just had a fantastic weekend with good company:)
Thanks for arranging this Steve. Looking forward to the next one already.

Greg & Ali

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks. I also enjoyed this weekend.

Questions(s)
I'm interested in trying to smoke some meat, anyone else interested in maybe building a smokehouse/tippee and giving it a go when there is more green around?
Would this be possible to try at this location with fire rules etc?

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Thanks. I also enjoyed this weekend.

Questions(s)
I'm interested in trying to smoke some meat, anyone else interested in maybe building a smokehouse/tippee and giving it a go when there is more green around?
Would this be possible to try at this location with fire rules etc?

no problem re smoking, just make sure your down wind of us lot! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE