New webbing blues

Jul 24, 2009
Spital, Wirral
Hi guys.
quick question...
Would a web-tex utility pouch go on an ALICE pistol belt?? My knowledge of modern webbing systems is none existent and i can't seem to find a clear description on retail websites. I haven't aclue about PLCE or modular webbing or how they all work. It all seems to have gone complicated since i last put my ALICE gear away.
thanks
Andy

Dec 16, 2007
It will fit but my best advice is to get a PLCE belt as it is a lot better than the ALICE kit and is made to fit together better. The "T" bars on the back of the pouch are ment to fit in the slots on the belt so the pouch does not slide along the belt.

You can pick them up for £5

Hope that helps

Jul 24, 2009
Spital, Wirral
Thanks swampy...
but another question if i may...
I was pondering over PLCE but am i right in assuming that you still need specific pouches to be present (ammo pouches like '58 for eg.) before you can attach the yoke to the system or is there a way of attaching the yoke straight to the belt as in ALICE? I don't have a PLCE outlet close to me to go and have a look, the internet seems inadequate in explaining this to me and i can't afford to take a chance and buy gear that proves to be wrong.
I kind of like the idea of the ALICE yoke being attachable straight to the belt i think it allows for more versatillity but with a little insight my mind may be swayed...lol
thanks

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
in plce the yoke attaches at the back to a pair of loops on the belt.
the front yoke straps usualy attach to the A rings fitted on the ammo pouches and utility pouches.
however, you can purchase loops designed to get around this (basicaly an A-ring or similar on a belt loop) or jury rig it with para cord through one of the tunnels on the back of the belt.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
..Are these A-rings/loops specifically designed for this? If so do you know an outlet?

I've seen them at www(dot)ukkitmonster(dot)com and the A-ring version is no longer available.
the loop version also has a pair of fittings on the bottom, and is really designed to allow other belts to be used in place of the standard PLCE belt, but will fit it, and would do the job.
the web adress of the item in question:
http://ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=71_35&products_id=227

I have no link with the above company, and have never actualy purchased anything from them. however I have heard good reviews from people who have.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Alternatively, the utility pouches and the medic pouch have two A rings on them, so you can attach the yoke straps to these, bypassing the need for ammo pouches.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
;)
Hi to put it simply.

PLCE(or webtex) will fit on to an ALICE belt loosely and will slip around.

ALICE pouches will fit on a PLCE belt tightly (only just).

hope that helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE