New plant for my site and completely stumped

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
Bit if an unusual one for me, have two of these small plants growing in the nature reserve I look after but cant seem to pin down what it is.
So it has a very thin stem that feels square so thinking mint/ dead nettle family.
The leaves look more like gypsywort but that has different flowers.
Closest I have found is cushion calamint but it only has a single flower cluster at the top of the stem and the flowers are not quite the same as stock images I have found. The other was wild basil but the leaves are completely wrong.
I’ve also tried the botanicalkeys website but no luck as yet.
Any thought?

Attachments

• BFE38A0E-AEDA-4403-A35C-56595F1C1C97.jpeg
    BFE38A0E-AEDA-4403-A35C-56595F1C1C97.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 5F0892AB-A213-4720-9186-B6CAA7AE3192.jpeg
    5F0892AB-A213-4720-9186-B6CAA7AE3192.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Bit if an unusual one for me, have two of these small plants growing in the nature reserve I look after but cant seem to pin down what it is.
So it has a very thin stem that feels square so thinking mint/ dead nettle family.
The leaves look more like gypsywort but that has different flowers.
Closest I have found is cushion calamint but it only has a single flower cluster at the top of the stem and the flowers are not quite the same as stock images I have found. The other was wild basil but the leaves are completely wrong.
I’ve also tried the botanicalkeys website but no luck as yet.
Any thought?

Bishops wort?

https://wildseed.co.uk/species/view/132

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
What is throwing me was the single cluster of flowers, and the plantsnap app I sometimes use had so many images of different types I do not trust it.
Betony is probably going to be the closest, cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE