New Outdoor Lifestyle Movie

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I stumbled across this one by accident, it's fiction (based on a true story) but worth a watch, always remember to bring a map :lmao: and an emergency cellphone is not a bad idea either

[video=youtube;46uwmzTf5nA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46uwmzTf5nA[/video]

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah man she should have taken that ring and gouged his eyes out

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
the last scene with the bear........MY NIGHTMARE! Very very nearly happened to me while in Kings Canyon national park in California, at a little place called,. ready for this? Bear Wallow! ( Gee Ben, I wonder why they call this place that?)..we saw em.and one came within 5 feet of my tent...I was asleep.....woken by a HEY BEAR! BOOM!!! and a shotgun blasting a couple of meters away....thankfully my good friend always carried a 5 shot pump loaded swan, buck buck buck slug. (the swan was for the warning shots, the next three mean business the slug is for when stuff is running down ya leg)......or so he said.

We also saw Mountain Lion, but for some reason, they dont scare me as much as Bear, yet I know they should!

Edit.........it is a stoopid stoopid thing to do to have ANY food in your tent in bear country...and opening a can of Tuna is asking for trouble.....

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I remember the warnings at the ranger station last time i was in the Adirondacks that all food must be either bagged up and strung up in the trees away from your camp or in one of the many designated metal food boxes scattered around the park and that under no circumstances should you take a snack into your tent for in the middle of the night as even the scent of the chocolate left on the wrapper after you've scoffed your chocky bar is enough to tempt fate, At the time i was 14 and it was my first trip into big nature, thankfully we heeded all warnings and seen no bears, hopefully this August i won't see any either when i go back

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I had the same thought when i seen the tagline

"Does for the woods what Jaws done for the sea"

But after watching it i don't think the bear is painted in a bad light, not like how the lone woodsman is who they meet on their first night camping

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427052251.735723.jpg

Reminds me of this!

Due to the frequency of human-bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen and any persons that use the out of doors in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the field.
We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advanced warning to any bears that might be close by so you don’t take them by surprise.
We also advise anyone using the out-f-doors to carry “Pepper Spray” with him is case of an encounter with a bear.
Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear **** has bells in it and smells like pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I love this advice from the bearsmart website

If the encounter was a surprise or it involves a mother grizzly bear with cubs, and the bear makes physical contact, fall to the ground and “play dead.” Roll over onto your stomach and cover your neck and the back of your head with your hands. Keep your legs and elbows wide so the bear can’t flip you over. When the attack stops, remain still and wait for the bear to leave. Do NOT get up until you are absolutely certain the bear is no longer in the area – even if you have to wait 30 minutes or longer.

If an attack is prolonged or the bear starts eating you, it is no longer being defensive and it is time to fight back .

:lmao: A bear that is eating you is no longer being defensive

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
I stumbled across this one by accident, it's fiction (based on a true story) but worth a watch, always remember to bring a map :lmao: and an emergency cellphone is not a bad idea either

[video=youtube;46uwmzTf5nA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46uwmzTf5nA[/video]

Wow! I thought that was very realistic, just like the last time I was in the Midlands. Then I realised there was an 'L' missing from the title. 😆😆

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Here's hoping neither of us get in that quandary this summer!

The true story the movie is loosely based on happened in the Algonquin Provincial Park, i was definitely thinking of both our summer ventures when watching the movie, personally i will be only camping with a tarp so no tent to hide in to protect me :lol:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
So as the bear tangles itself up my guy lines i can take the time to decide if i need to play dead, make myself look big and make lots of noise or fight back and stop shaking long enough to get the safety plug off the bear mace

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
This is how Norwegian outdoorsman Lars Monsen handles a bear trying to steal his food:

[video=youtube;hFGwX-BjHX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFGwX-BjHX8[/video]

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Taking notes, sadly i won't have access to a firearm on my trip

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Taking notes, sadly i won't have access to a firearm on my trip

😎

Not a problem I will be having!

I suggest you buy a big can of Bear Spray out there but don't be tempted to bring it home. Pepper Spray is handled under our firearm act and as such possession carries a mandatory 5 year stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Aye too true, would be impossible to conjure a plausible excuse for having a can of bear mace when we have no bears, i'm never any good at that nothing to declare part at the airport and i'd definitely not handle 5 years locked up i'd end up like one of those insane polar bears you see in zoos

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE