New member with interests in Wildlife Photography and herpetology.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Hi and Welcome.

Breathtaking photo's. Ive been doing wildlife photo's for the past 6 months and after looking at your gallery, Ive become re-inspired. Funny but I also took wildlife photo's in spain like you did. Simply amazing, you have a talent and have cleearly mastered your camera and sneaking skills!

I would love to know what your prefered lense and camera settings are for the average "bird in the tree" scenrario with good light.

Hi and Welcome.

Breathtaking photo's. Ive been doing wildlife photo's for the past 6 months and after looking at your gallery, Ive become re-inspired. Funny but I also took wildlife photo's in spain like you did. Simply amazing, you have a talent and have cleearly mastered your camera and sneaking skills!

I would love to know what your prefered lense and camera settings are for the average "bird in the tree" scenrario with good light.

Thanks very much for those kind words and thanks again for the welcomes and for those who have checked out the photos on my website.
Ski - I don't do much bird photography which is clear from the lack of good bird photos on my website. The ones that I have taken were done with either the Canon 70-200 f/4 L or the Canon 70-300 L IS. I nearly always shoot on AV mode so I select the aperture and the ISO settings and the camera works out the exposure and chooses the correct shutter speed. If it's a small bird then I'll probably shoot at f/5.6 - f/8. If it's a larger bird then I'll preferably use f/8 (this is often sharper) if there's a reasonably clean background. It all depends on the situation and light available. Other times if there isn't plentiful light then I'll use f/4 and hope to get all of the bird in focus which may not be possible if it's quite close. I tend to shoot at much high ISO settings than many people with ISO 1600 being my most common setting especially for photographing snakes. Decent modern cameras do not produce too much noise and when the images are run through programs like 'Neat Image' that noise can be completely eliminated. Time consuming post-production and editing on Photoshop is key to many of my wildlife shots. DSLR cameras these days are designed with this in mind.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE