New knife finished........

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
This is a fieldcrafter blade i bought to do over christmas but gone it finished already,Ive used one of my favourite woods in wenge for the scales with a brown linen insert.Not sure i made the right choice with the linen insert but too late now,,overall im happy with it but not sure i will use it so may be up for sale for another project.

Comments welcome good or bad.........

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I think the handle will look a lot better with use - a little more blended from the hand rubbing. Not that it looks bad now; just new!

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice knife there :), thanks for showing :), if I had to comment about the linen the perhaps at one end rather then the middle?, but i like it, nice and simple :)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I think the handle will look a lot better with use - a little more blended from the hand rubbing. Not that it looks bad now; just new!
Yes brand new Mac,maybe your right with a bit of usage marks.

Nice knife there :), thanks for showing :), if I had to comment about the linen the perhaps at one end rather then the middle?, but i like it, nice and simple :)

Linen at the end was my first thought but changed it,i guess you live and learn eh stu:)

Nice work mate. I like the linen insert.

Cheers colin,im still not sure of the linen,,may grow on me :confused:

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
The more i look the more i dont like how the linen looks and theres enough bulk on the scales to remove it:(
Tomorrow i will reshape the scales to remove the linen.....I'll update this thread when im done..

Last edited:

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Doubt its removeable mate,its embedded into the wenge with fiberglass resin:rolleyes:. will be easier to put the handle on the linisher and see what it looks like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE