new firesteels

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Guys does anyone know a brand name for a really BIG firesteel, I just find the bigger they are the easier they are to use, is Light my fire army the best way to go??
Please provide links of possible!

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I use an Ultimate Survival Strike Force Fire Starter flint that I removed from the plastic Housing and put an Antler handle on.there the Thickest ones I have found

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The UK is an island country.If we can't make an item for ourselves then the transport in adds substantially to costs, and if the item is worth more than a certain value then the revenue men add on import tax too.
The UK is not a cheap country to live in.
An 'army' model firesteel costs round about £10 here,(about $15) how much does one cost in your neck of the woods ?

cheers,
Toddy

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
Toddy,

I buy from www.survivaltopics.com too -- and the firesteels from there are really good. For some reason, I've noticed a difference in quality with some steels and these are the best I've ever used. LIght my fire comes in second in my mind, but almost as good.

The giant one they sell ( half an inch in diameter -- geeze!) is $8.99 (so about 6 GBP)

I wouldn't bother with that one, though, it's too big. I'd go with the "survival" model (big again...) for $6.99 US (about 4.5 GBP) or the Ranger for $2.99 US (about 2 GBP)

I can vouch for the company -- they're super reliable.

I really doubt there would be much cost for shipping a couple of steels to the UK.

However, you all might want to consider a group buy to make it easier. Shoot them an e-mail, I'm sure they'll work with you.

I get to the UK a two or three times a year on business. Before the next time I go over, I'll post something here and if you all want I'll buy them here, bring them there and drop them in the Royal Post to you.

The UK is an island country.If we can't make an item for ourselves then the transport in adds substantially to costs, and if the item is worth more than a certain value then the revenue men add on import tax too.
The UK is not a cheap country to live in.
An 'army' model firesteel costs round about £10 here,(about $15) how much does one cost in your neck of the woods ?

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE