new,disillusioned & lonely

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Natural Pathways

Hi Mac. Good to see you back on line. Gary and I had a long chat and I have yet to get back in touch with him. The content is not yet clear, however I feel it will be fun and challenging.

I would be interested in knowing how many people out there would like to take part in this? I would like to open it to everyone really but I need to chat with Gary first.

Q: Who would be interested in doing a Rites of Passage workshop?

either e-mail me or call me contact details on web site www.natural-pathways.co.uk

Aye

Geoffrey

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Yep if should be interesting and I think we'll get loads of takes Geoff.

Speak soon.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Mac,

Hi mate, I can appreciate what you said in your message. Just out after 12 years, 7 in the Artillery and 5 in Intelligence, I've applied for jobs that I can do standing on my head and haven't even passed the paper sift. At the moment I'm working in a call centre, 14.30 til 23.00, 5 days out of 7.

I did all the resettlement briefs and even qualified as a locksmith, but no one wants to employ me. The only thing I have in my favour at the moment is my girlfriend and the fact that I won't be beaten by it. The job doesn't give me the time I'd like to get out and about but I have to look ahead and plan for the courses that I want to do.

Good luck mate. Keep planning and looking forward.

N

Natural Pathways

Hi Mac. is your CV the problem? Give me a call for a chat 01304 842045

Aye

Geoffrey

mac

Oct 28, 2003
durham
Thanks for your replies to my post guys.
I'm working on a few things now and have just settled in my new home. It's good to know that everyone in the forum are a supportive bunch.
I will be getting out and about soon and doing the things in my heart.I'm also looking at re-skilling in a certain trade so I'll let you know how things go. It's also interesting to see a few ex forces personnel who are finding themselves through bushcraft or even doing well for themselves. This is a great site. I'm feeling great, no longer disillusioned and lonely. Thanks to you all

N

Natural Pathways

Sounds good to me, mine is the Black Stuff.

Aye Geoffrey

Looking forward to meeting with you guys.

ally

Forager
Oct 15, 2003
lincoln
it can be the same for us civvi types too, tried to escape the ratrace and moved from croydon, south london upto lincoln, although i'm a qualified manager within the automotive trade with quality systems analysis experience the best i was able to find was a agency bin man

not that i minded being a bin man but i felt a little over qualified, i find the 'natives' to be rather odd and often obstructive, ended up having a (serious) breakdown (more issues than just the work situation!!) and am finding the transition back to normal life tricky, i find it hard to get out and about to start but when i'm there it just feels kinda right

'tis a shame however that leaving croydon for 'the country' has left me with less access to woodlands than before.....life can definitely suck :-x
i'm lucky in having too great kids who provide me with the reasons to carry on but i find great solice with MOTHER

mac

Oct 28, 2003
durham
good point Ally
I suppose I could only make the distinction that ex mils built up a certain kind of relationship based almost on 24/7 working/training/fighting/drinking/operational duties/adventure growing together from young soldiers into responsible commanders, in most cases.
When you leave a career such as this, you lose that bond and also, like someone such as yourself, i feel you lose your identity too.
Whatever your background,career or personal issues, I feel that when you experience one or several factors that cause disillusion...a temporary aberration, one withdraws inward to re-assess a meaning of life!
Deep and meaningful stuff I know chaps, but I've noted your tome several times ally and it stands out like a beacon....'Get busy living or get busy dying'.
When we get busy living we find a new path. I've found a new pathway and it's through this site and all the guys (and girls?).

My hat's off and a big round of applause for Tony's site!
....aw, don't cry guys.....we're all supposed to be big men :lol:
Maybe I should become a bushcraft Missionary!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE