Navy Swanndri ranger XL in UK?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
nice, did you get hit much by Customs?

and from what I have been reading is there an itch issue with your shirt? what does the fabric feel like new?

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
I bought my Navy Swanndri from http://www.sevsafe.co.uk/acatalog/Swanndri_Clothing_New_Zealand.html

You may need to call them to see if they have any left.

Also, the Swanndri website has the last day of it's Anzac sale today. I ordered a Red and Black check Ranger. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get hit by customs, it's 12.5% duty, 17.5% Vat on the shirt, 17.5% VAT on the postage charged and the Royal Mail £8.00 handling fee. Eek!

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Ordered from swanni direct, thanks for the tip, hopefully it's saved me 20 odd quid :) and at least I get one.

what a shame they don't raise the import duty/VAT charges limit to something more sensible and 21st century like £100, but thats a whole new thread :(

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
:beerchug: :red: At last some sense!!!! Thats made my year, no more facing the miserable twits a parcel force depot for a 17p overspend in currency conversion cos C+E's calculator batteries flat.
I dont think i would want to spend much more than £50 on anything abroad,

UPS can shove there handling charges wooohooo

Wheres the Brown stealthed itself? Can't help feeling theres a catch...but for now i'm happy:You_Rock_

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
My new Ranger arrived on Saturday morning. I ordered it on Tuesday! The post from New Zealand is so quick!

It's been lovely and sunny since it arrived so I have no idea when i'll get to wear it.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
I was surprised to come across Swanndri products in 'The House of Bruar' on the A9 between Aviemore and Pitlochry last week.
From what I can remember they had the Ranger, Bush Shirt and some rather nice goretex lined trousers too. If I hadn't already got some similar Chevalier trousers I would have had some of these.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
My new Ranger arrived on Saturday morning. I ordered it on Tuesday! The post from New Zealand is so quick!

It's been lovely and sunny since it arrived so I have no idea when i'll get to wear it.

Probably in about eight months time. :(

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent

Mine arrived today, think it took a bit longer coz i had it sent as a gift with a message and wrapping paper :) to try and avoid C+E.

SRC you could always get up bad breathingly early (like i'm gonna) and sit and watch the sunrise in a nice woody spot with yer brew on :) if you cant wait till november, but i'm sure the good ole british weather will come up with something swanndriesk sooner rather than later.

http://www.canterburyweather.co.uk/sun/ukmap.php

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
LP, I bought mine as an early birthday present for myself. The shirt came wrapped in black tissue paper and red and black ribbon. A nice touch! No duty either, I was relieved!

With regards to wearing it, I have to be out very early on Sunday morning to drive to Norfolk so I will wear it then, in my car, with the aircon on freezing!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE