Nature's scouring pads

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Just got back from a lunchtime stroll.
Stopped halfway for a brew up (using a Coke can alcohol stove I'd made at work earlier in the week when I should have been doing something else) and sausage roll and chicken tikka samosa (still can't make up my mind which are best - Sainsburys or Tesco) beneath my favourite tree.
Then it came to cleaning up and putting all away.
And I made a discovery!
I had a bit of tissue with me to wipe the soot off the pot before putting it away, but it never really gets rid of it all. I rubbed it in the grass as well. And then!
Chestnut husks!
Yup. All around me where some chestnut husk and they worked an absolute treat. Managed to get all the mess off and put away without the need to clean up properly when I got home.
So, if you're out and about and need to give your pots a clean, make sure you collect a few chestnuts and use them - perfect!

When my Father was a young lad, in the late thirties, he lived in a small village with a wood and muir (moor). An old blind man, who lived in a shack next to the woods would walk up on the moor daily and make scourers out of heather and sell them door to door from a tray in the late afternoon. This is what everyone used back then.

I tend to use heather mixed with gravel or sand when out and about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE