My tarp has wheels and a radio!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
How will I ever get any work done now?

I've put a hammock in my van........

IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0294-1.jpg

I made an upside down stand out of 2.4m CLS studding which wedges into the corners and removes in seconds.

Hammock is a Trekmates 2.4 x 1m that TK Maxx are knocking out for a tenner. I'm surprised at how comfy it is seeing as its so narrow, I'm so impressed I'm going to make a narrow lightweight DIY hammock.

Long drives to Scotland will be better now.

Hope you like :)

Pete the reclined.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
That looks great Pete, only problem is you need room for a few more if we get another Black Wednesday at Sween, no way five of us can sleep in one hammock :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
@ Ged- Ha! good idea. All I need then is Betty to do the dishes.

@ Stu- I't would have been like a meat lorry in an earthquake at Sween. :stretcher: Dead bodies swaying around, bouncing of the walls (almost) :)

I can see pooch in a doggy hammock in your wagon Stu, chewin on bacon and looking too cute.:hammock: ( wheres that dog in a hammock smilie when you need it?)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Cracking idea! Tried out a net hammock today to see if it was comfy to lie in as i cannot sleep in them. Was great so may pick up one of those hammocks if their in txmaxx when i next pop in :)

forestwalker

Hmm, buy old white van, fit hammock holders, cubbards, kitchenette, bucket style separating composting toilet, a lot of bookshelves, a toolchest and a *good* folding workbench. The ultimate glamping vehicle? A good reading light, of course.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
@ Beenn; Do it Beenn, you won't look back in fondness of cuddling tree roots:)

@Rich; Haha, I knew it would throw you mate. No fear though, its a tortuous mess again now :D

@ Udi; Oh yes. My van is even more glamourous (Until I get in)

@Forestwalker; My van does a good impression of a composting toilet by the end of a camping trip! I like your ideas-a motorhome with a hammock and tools too would be pretty cool :cool:.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE