My new swedish kit

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Just thought I would show the new tool kit I got. I had to collect it this morning from the parcel office which is right opposite my woods. So I jsut had to go and try the hatchet, still resonably sharp and the hammer will help with tent pegs. There's no makers name of the hatchet. The Pliers are made by bahco sweden

axebag.jpg

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
i have seen those axe combo's before and always wanted one but everyone i have seen and heard about gives them a terrible report :-(.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
The hatchet will do for small jobs, i'm not planning to build a log cabin. Yes swedish army kit, had wooden cotton reel type things and nails in the bag too. I think they were for wire instalation

forestwalker

The lanyard on the pliers are a hint, indicating e.g. a linemans tools. And yes, the crowns are clearly Swedish Army. Back when I wore green and grey we still used field phones, and I walked many miles laying cables for them (usually on the ground, but sometimes 3-4m up). I know there was a dial attachment for the field phone, and some groups were also issued the kit for hooking up the regular phone network; this might have been part of that toolkit.

For some reason field phones, dials and pole climbing shoes tended to go walkabout, all at the same time...

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
American pioneers frequently had a tool just like this in their "prairie schooner." It didn't take up hardly any room and served as a hatchet, nail puller, pry-bar, and hammer.

Probably, it didn't do a great job at any of these tasks but it would do them all.

They can be found here in the U.S. but unless you stumble onto a original, (not likely), its going to be a very poorly made piece of Chinese junk.

I was given one, and the blade won't hold an edge. The handles actually look like the hatchet part of the tool was used to hack them out of a piece of crappy 2" X 4".

The one illustrated above looks to be a quality tool. Wish I could find one like that!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE