Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Pullover shirt in 6oz ripstop cotton;

MFGa.jpg

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you for the kind words. It has been an interesting experience and I'm pleased with the result for a 1st attempt.

John wrote;

"Now for the Gore-tex!"

A breathable variant is in the pipeline.

Toddy wrote;

"Wool's lovely to work with Ian"

The other day I was looking at a lovely piece of wool (very reasonably priced, too) with a view to having a go at a pr of winter trousers. We'll see...

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Did you use a bought pattern or design it yourself?

I used a bought pattern. If I'd started from scratch I'd have still been on the drawing board. Having made the thing according to the pattern and seeing how it is formed and goes together, I'll have no qualms about making mods & alterations to the basic pattern to achieve a desired result. Much the same way as you might buy a car or boat then mod it to suit your requirements.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I can't remember where I got it from. I've had it a while but only recently got around to making it. If it's any help the pattern is 'McCalls 4223 Misses, Mens tops'.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Very good! :) Not easy to get the seaming so neat, I'm guessing you've been around a machine a fair bit even if this is your first garment! I've done a fair bit of pattern cutting and as long as you avoid changing seams where there is a shaped part attached, OR make sure you balance the adaption on each piece, you shouldn't go far wrong.

I'd avoid alterations where theres a collar attaching and armholes can be slightly difficult (tis better to cut right across front and back halfway down the armhole if you have to make the armhole deeper so they are the same front & back and just smooth out the lines but then you gotta try and add in to the sleeve head :)

6oz, bet that'll stand up to heaps of running through hedges!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE