my first ever stick with caraboo antler

May 13, 2008
leeds
hi all i have made my first stike wit caraboo antler i will be using it hor wen i am hunting with my hawk got finnished it fully yet but her it is i am wonting to whitan the antler up

be for varnishing
P020708_143202.jpg

after varnishing
P020708_145501.jpg

P020708_1455.jpg

any ideas on haw to finnish it off or just make it looka bit beter will be much apresheated

May 13, 2008
leeds
this is the next progect a gen caraboo will be going on top of anuth nice stik
(this)
white-orange-organic-01psd.jpg

(out of this will be trikey but i am willing to give it a go lol)
outofthisbit.jpg

May 13, 2008
leeds
Nice piece of work - I don't think there is anything you can or need to do to improve the look of the stick with the cariboo antler. I am impressed!

Cheers,

Mungo

chears m8 all i am wonting to do now is just whitan the antler up i have bean told to use bleech will this work

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Looks really good mate. For whitening it might be worth looking into some Lime Sulphur. I used to be into looking after bonsai trees and for the branches that were supposed to be dead and bleached by the sun, the trick was to paint them with Lime Sulphur so they went really white. You can get little bottles of it on fleabay for a few quid. Whether it will work on antlers as well as it does on wood I can't say, I'm not sure who could! Perhaps a test on an antler offcut would be advisable.

One word of caution: Paint it on out of doors. Lime Sulphur is a known carcinogenic and it smells like rotten eggs. It's perfectly safe and odourless once dry though.

If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it goes.

Sean

May 13, 2008
leeds
Looks really good mate. For whitening it might be worth looking into some Lime Sulphur. I used to be into looking after bonsai trees and for the branches that were supposed to be dead and bleached by the sun, the trick was to paint them with Lime Sulphur so they went really white. You can get little bottles of it on fleabay for a few quid. Whether it will work on antlers as well as it does on wood I can't say, I'm not sure who could! Perhaps a test on an antler offcut would be advisable.

One word of caution: Paint it on out of doors. Lime Sulphur is a known carcinogenic and it smells like rotten eggs. It's perfectly safe and odourless once dry though.

If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it goes.

Sean
chears m8 i will give that a try

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE