Mushrooms

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
I went for a wander in the woods the other day and found loads of mushrooms. We found a few edible ones that strangely I did not photograph :confused: but I have a few photos of other interesting fungi, including some rare ones :) .

Im not sure what they are all called but the star shaped one is quite rare in germany

IMG_2199_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2198_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2192_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2168_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2161_edited-1.jpg

Andy

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
From the top:
Honey Fungus: Armillaria mellea
Shaggy Parasol: Macrolepiota rhacodes
Orange peel Fungus: Aleuria aurantia
Earth Star: Geastrum striatum

It's that time of year again.....

Reactions: Ed

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Good bit of ID there stovie... have some rep :)

The honey fungus is edible but should be blanched and fried slowly before eating, it should not be eaten raw. You only really need a small amount as the taste can be quite rich.

The shaggy parasol is also edible as is the normal parasol (Macrolepiota Procera) and again should not be eaten raw as they can be poisonous. But please note that some people can have reactions to this one including stomach upsets and skin rashes.

Ed

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
Ed said:
Good bit of ID there stovie... have some rep :)

The honey fungus is edible but should be blanched and fried slowly before eating, it should not be eaten raw. You only really need a small amount as the taste can be quite rich.

in fact don't eat too much, it does cause gastric upsets in a lot of peeps

The shaggy parasol is also edible as is the normal parasol (Macrolepiota Procera) and again should not be eaten raw as they can be poisonous. But please note that some people can have reactions to this one including stomach upsets and skin rashes.

Ed

yep, it's best thrown in with some ordinary shrooms...... or dried to make shroom jerky... again don't eat too much in one go.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Thankyou for the identification :You_Rock_

My girlfiends mother (who has been picking wild mushrooms most of her life) said that the Earth Star (Geastrum striatum) is very rare in Germany - this was the fourth one she has seen in her life. Is it as rare in the uk?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE