Mt first crack at a spoon

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
I recently (finally) got hold of some crook knives, through the classifieds on here from Max Whitlock (lovely guy to deal with btw) and thought it was time to give them a christening. I've got a few bits of cherry lying about so decided to start there.

I wanted to try a small eating spoon, this is because my wife eats her breakfast with a teaspoon, strange woman that she is, and I wanted to make one for her. It's our 5th wedding anniversary in June and 5 years is 'wood'. so I reckon if I practice a few between now and then I stand half a chance of producing something she might actually use to eat her breakfast with! ;)

Anyway, here it is. It needs some final sanding, I'll then leave it a week or two before oiling it to really out the red of the cherry wood.

I think I might have made the bowl a little deep for eating, but you live and learn. Constructive critique welcomed! :)

Jim

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
For a first go at it cracking job, by June you'll do yourself and her proud

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Much better than my first! and you could get the bowl a bit shallower by putting a small crank into it quite easily.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
thanks for the tips folks!

Macaroon, do you mean I could put a crank into this one or the next one? where would I shave down exactly to do it to this one?

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE