Mossies, bugs & hoochies?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
(BTW the biggest critter I ever had trying to get into my bivvy bag was a cat. Scared the life out of me seeing this paw push open the drawstring followed by its head!
We had a ewe and a weeee baby bar lamb under our hoochie the other night......sheltering from the rain..... they moved pretty sharpish when they realised they had just woken up 3 hungry people in bivi bags.

I must admit I try and keep away from the chemical deterants.... covering up well seems to be the best preventative, and as martyn pointed out earlier... not all that flies bites!!! The bugs may be irratating buzzing around your face, but if they don't bite.... leave them to it.

Ed

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
george said:
Apparrently eating lots of marmite can help keep midges and mozzies away.

The marmite trick is well known - the explanation i've heard is that marmite is especially effective at boosting your vitamin B levels - and this in turn is what repels the bugs. Other vit B rich foods should also work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE