Mora Companion Minor Modification Advice

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Hi all,

I recently purchased a stainless steel Mora Companion, just the standard off the shelf version.

I was thinking of drilling a hole in the handle to thread para-cord through to form a lanyard that would be linked to my belt in case the knife was accidentally lost from it's sheath.

Is this a good idea?, and if it is worthwhile doing would there be a preferred part of the handle for drilling a say 3mm diameter hole.

Just wondering if there are any down-sides to doing this.

Thanks,

rorymax

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
YOu may find that will make it a pain to get out and use...... and to have a knife swinging from a bit of cord I feel is dangerous, i'd rather lose it, as they dont cost that much , saying that I ve not had a knife fall out of a sheath, if it fits properly

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Not a great idea in my opinion, dont like the idea of a razor sharp knife swinging around on a bit of string

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Agree with what's been said it the knife comes out of the sheath for what ever reason then you decide to crouch down the blade could cut/stab into you....

Sent from somewhere?

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I am so glad that I asked for Bushcraftuk advice before doing anything.

I won't be doing what I was originally thinking of doing.

Thanks all, I appreciate your advice.

rorymax

Last edited:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've had a couple of mora's with loose sheaths, but it's really easy to just warm the sheath up and re-shape it in the right place to make it hold better.

Dave

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I seem to remember someone on the Forum drilling them and inserting lanyard tubes. Wasn't it Trev the tattooist who did the engraving and spine work? The lanyard tube idea seemed popular at the time.

Trev my 'umble apologies if it wasn't you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE