Modern milbank ?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Just bought this from a store, it was hung with a millbank bag. I've bought it to be different, but with my luck its not a filter bag ?
Anyone seen or used one of these ?
4u8a8usy.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
it'll definately remove some particulate, whether it does as good a job as a millbank is a different matter

how much? where from? want one!

is that a NATO stock code underneath the "soak for 48hrs before use"?

cheers

stuart

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Yep thay were issued as water bags during Gulf war one ,
you need to soak them for ages to seal them up

Twodogs

a water bag then NOT a filter bag, sounds like it is used for retaining water not filtering it, like one of those old canvas water buckets.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
My Uncle told the story of using similar bags in the Western Desert during the last war. They tied them to the front of their Land Rover whilst driving and often when they arrived at their destination the low humidity and forced evaporation from the wet surface had frozen the bag solid.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I saw a bag like this when looking for a Bota, they work by osmosis and your supposed to make them water tight by soaking them for 48 hours fill them with water you then let the lose a bit of water and it's supposed to keep the water cool. From what I can recall from the video I saw it in it was supposed to have been designed during Nam but was refined after.

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
My Uncle told the story of using similar bags in the Western Desert during the last war. They tied them to the front of their Land Rover whilst driving and often when they arrived at their destination the low humidity and forced evaporation from the wet surface had frozen the bag solid.

Must've been the Landrover prototype.... :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE