Milvus milvus

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
As you know, the common buzzard (buteo buteo) is our commonest large raptor round here - so I was delighted to see this fellah swooping over the cottage tonight

2473504113_2c15448611_o.jpg

Red

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
As you know, the common buzzard (buteo buteo) is our commonest large raptor round here - so I was delighted to see this fellah swooping over the cottage tonight

2473504113_2c15448611_o.jpg

Red

Looks like a Red Kite :bluThinki

I was watching one of "ours" soaring above our place for a couple of hours today but can never get decent photo's.
Beautiful birds though

Cheer's Red;)

Steve

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep - Red Kite (milvus milvus) - came over at roof height and circled back a few times. We only saw our first over the farm a couple of years back but I've had several sightings this year so I'm hopeful we will get a few kits in amongst our (dozens of) buzzards.

We are very lucky with our raptors here - mainly I think because, being a shoot, there is a lot of food for them !

Red

Mang

Settler
There have been alledged sightings near me too-Here's hoping.

Pub quiz fact. A guy invents a football game and tries to patent the name Hobby for it-he was refused as it's a common term. He then looks up the Hobby's Latin name-Falco Subbuteo-and the rest is history...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE