Millets (Wigan)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Not sure if anyone knows but I purchased a few Ordnance Survey Explorer maps from here at £3:99p each, a bargain, saved meself a few bob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are they having a closing down sale now ?

I need to go and check my local if they're starting to clear stock.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Yes Shewie, closing down sale, I visited the shop on Thursday and bought a couple then today with a friend I bought a couple more, one was an active map that is laminated, charged me the same price as the other ones, happy days.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Indeed they are in dire straits.
3 Blacks stores and a Millets in York. 2 Blacks are closing down and Millets looks set to get the rubbish to flog off.
I managed to get a Leatherman Wave (new design) with pouch and tool bit kit for under £75 yesterday.
Some bargains to be had.

Jan 22, 2006
uk
'feel sorry for the staff - bad times.
Try not to accidentaly rub salt in the wound by rubbing your hands together when you see the bargains, its not nice for those about to lose their jobs.

Good luck to them all in the future

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Also Black's in Southport have a closing down sale, Millets is just around the corner which is staying open.....and yes, good luck to all staff.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
When I was a lad, Blacks was the store to go to. I was a climber/hillwalker and it was a one stop shop, any bit of kit you could think of was there to be had. Look at older books and you will see that Blacks outfitted expeditions to the four corners of the earth and pretty much every safari in Africa used Blacks tents and equipment. For me at least it will be a sad day if they go under.

Yet another British icon going down the pan :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE