Meridian Swiss Clinometer

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I have the above Clinometer which is no longer any use to me; I only move over ground that's known to me now, so this is surplus to requirements. It's a very high quality Swiss made
instrument and extremely accurate but at the same time very simple to use; you simply hang it by the top ring from a finger, it will quickly steady itself plumb and then with both eyes open you look at any distant object with one eye whilst reading the scale with the other. It will, with the aid of a map, compass and some basic trig, give the height and/or distance of whatever you're looking at, or at it's simplest you can just read off the gradient to any object above or below it..........I'm sure there are many members here who will know a great deal more about these things than I do...............

This particular make and model are highly regarded by surveyors and anybody who'd like to dabble in navigation on a more sophisticated level, and apparently they rarely come on the market. This one is in excellent condition, as solid as you'd expect from a Swiss made instrument of it's vintage (1960's, I think) and is robust enough to carry on the trail. Comes with a
servicable belt pouch.

I'd like £45 for this please inclusive of postage and PP...........I think this is a very good price from what I've researched............

I'm also open to trade offers, try to tempt me with something!.........................................atb mac

20131003_150638.jpg20131003_150654.jpg20131003_150722.jpg20131003_150743.jpg

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
No interest in this? If it's the price, feel free to make me an offer or to offer a trade..........................atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Deal arranged on this; thanks for looking......................atb mac

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE