Margarine v Butter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I use butter but that is because it tastes nicer and I only consume about 1/2 an ounce a week.

Anything kills turkeys...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
yep tiz al in Wikpedia ................isnt everything ;)

I actually found out about it when I was researching traditional lighting. When the change over to gas tipped the balance, that was the start of the end for commercial whaling. Margarine was one of the ways they tried to keep it profitable.
Of course then the petrol industry grew and totalled it.

cheers,
M

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
When i moved out of home i swore i would never have marge in the "new" house - i haven't.

Same with the milk, none of that pasturised skimmed muck. Full fat green top, straight from the farm. Yum yum :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lucky man; I love butter and can't eat it. I can't digest milk properly either :( Haven't been able to since I was in my twenties.
Margarine greases the toast, but it's not butter :sigh: especially since I can only have the non dairy varieties.

cheers,
M

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Lucky man; I love butter and can't eat it. I can't digest milk properly either :( Haven't been able to since I was in my twenties.
Margarine greases the toast, but it's not butter :sigh: especially since I can only have the non dairy varieties.

cheers,
M

:( That must be tough sometimes.

But i'm sure you have managed to find other culinary pleasures to make up for it :)

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I just had a lovely curry froma fabulous wee place in South Queensferry. The sag aloo had potatoes in it wich were drenched in Ghee. They were absolutely delicious. This would not be repeatable with margarine.

Until I was about 10 I thought stork margarine was butter, we ate no butter despite having lived on a dairy farm for a while. I can't stand stork now.

Some of the soya margarine products taste a bit better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE