Marbles Brass Pocket Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Not exactly an answer to the query, but I have 2 Marbles compasses (the dry version) and both are inoperable. I only carried one a few times before it refused to turn and the other simply refused to work sitting on a shelf.

The newer wet versions may be better, but I have read several similar experiences to my dry version. would advise against a Marbles compass and try and get a TruNord instead.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Schwert said:
Not exactly an answer to the query, but I have 2 Marbles compasses (the dry version) and both are inoperable. I only carried one a few times before it refused to turn and the other simply refused to work sitting on a shelf.

The newer wet versions may be better, but I have read several similar experiences to my dry version. would advise against a Marbles compass and try and get a TruNord instead.
Thanks for that. Looks like I should amend the post to ask where I can get one of those in the UK now :rolleyes:

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
beachlover - I don't think that you can get the trunord in the UK. I recently bought two direct from the makers for about £28 including postage to the UK. They are great solid compasses.
Ade

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
crofter said:
beachlover - I don't think that you can get the trunord in the UK. I recently bought two direct from the makers for about £28 including postage to the UK. They are great solid compasses.
Ade
Thanks for that. I thought I might have to go to the manufacturer somehow.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
TruNords are preset for declination so if you order from the vendor in the US make sure you state what sort of declination value you want.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Schwert said:
TruNords are preset for declination so if you order from the vendor in the US make sure you state what sort of declination value you want.
Many thanks for that. I han't thought of it even tho now it seems so obvious :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE