Managing your own woodland

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
The Woodlands for Sale website (www.woodlands.co.uk) have a launched a new book called Badgers, Beeches and Blisters. It was written in collaboration with Julian Evans who wrote 'A Wood of our Own' and is explains all the ins and outs of owning your won wood.It costs £8.95 but is also available as a pdf here:

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/book.htm

I haven't received my copy yet, but 'A wood of our own' is an excellent read so I'm hoping this wont dissappoint!

HTH

Mat

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Excellent link. Big thumbs up. :) If I sold my house I could buy half a mountain and still have enough left over for a tipee and stove. :240:

There used to be charities who bought plots of land then divided them into thousands of one foot square plots and sold them worldwide making it imposible for developers to track down the owners.

Does that still go on? :confused:

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
A company called South Angus Survival sells small plots of Scottish Highland.

If you buy one you become a 'Laird' and also get access to The 'Laird's Retreat' in Argyll.

RodStrod

Jul 10, 2006
Bolton
anybody have any experience of this?

The point that bothers me is that they also sell shares in land on the moon, just makes me wonder just how legit it really is!!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
South Angus Survival don't sell the things on the net direct AFAIK, so anyone on the net who is selling them is an 'agent' of SAS - I think the moon share guys are one of those agents.

I think the 'Laird' thing is a bit of a novelty joke thing to be honest, but I know a mate of mine bought a plot and got a certificate and a map showing where his plot was. Obviously you can't do much with it, but its a nice little fun thing and going some way to preserving some Scottish Highland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE