Making your Own Sleeping Bag Fleece liners ?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I used to make Fibre-pile sleepingbags for our outsized Scout leaders. No Zips but a shaped hood with a drawcord. All very easy except finding space to lay out and cut the pieces! I sewed the edges of the pieces then overlocked them then did a simple hem around the hood which acted as the drawcord tunnel.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Have a look here.

It was snuggy warm but just too bulky so I've since taken out the liner & put it in a bivvy bag. It's still quite bulky but still snuggy warm.
It used a couple of mtrs of the fibrepile you linked.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
How about some cheap fleece blankets from Ikea, between £1.60 and £3 each, and they measure approximately 170cm X 130cm, might be usable?

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I used to make Fibre-pile sleepingbags for our outsized Scout leaders. No Zips but a shaped hood with a drawcord. All very easy except finding space to lay out and cut the pieces! I sewed the edges of the pieces then overlocked them then did a simple hem around the hood which acted as the drawcord tunnel.

I did the same to go inside my son's junior Vango sleeping bag to extend it's range. No fancy overlocked seams but I did manage a round foot section.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE