Lowest recorded temperatures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I know Rik. I just never thought of Greenland as being on the North American Continent. Even now looking at the map it really isn't attached to the NA continental land mass. I must agree though that short of making it a continent on its own, NA is the closest continent.

Interestingly the link you posted says that Panama is part of South America. Actually the ismus of Panama IS the dividing line between NA and SA.

Last edited:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
What I would like to see when people are creating lists like these are additional information connected to the lowest reading: wind speed, altitude, relative humidity etc. The Finnish record of −51.5 °C was recorded at Kittilä's Pokka weather station which is at 275 meters. Then again for example the listed Swedish record of −53 °C was recorded by a private, uncalibrated thermometer at c. 400 meters and the official record was somewhat lower.

udamiano

On a new journey
Not always is that information provided. Here is the official list as provided by the Met Office

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/extremes/

Scotland -27.1 Degrees Celsius at Braemar (30th Dec 1995) (Alt 339M)
England -26.1 Degrees Celsius at Newport (10th Jan 1982) (Alt ?)
Wales -23.3 Degrees Celsius at Rhayader (21st Jan 1940) (Ait?)
Ireland (N) -18.7 Degrees Celsius at Castlederg (24th Dec 2010) (Alt?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE