Looking for some mushies - fun story

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
So today after a few days of rain and the season starting about few weeks ago me , my father and his 79 year old local friend went to find mushrooms , I don't know if you guys have it too but we call it beechwood mushroom, because it only grows on it and there are no poinsonous at all , so we walked for a half hour and came to a place where my father find it previously but nothing , it is next to a very stiff hill , me and fathers friend went to go around this hill while my father said we would go uphill , we said he would do it for nothing and would get tired and went on , after 2 hours of walking I called him and he said he got tired and got home , of course I joked about how weak he was and stuff ( while he is a total badass and if he opens his knee he can walk for days) so me and his friend walked on uphills and downhills in bushes and stuff , overall for 5 hours and what we found ?? nothing at all :18: so we came back home and what does my father shows us ? a bag full of mushrooms which he just gathered in 20-25 minutes and went back home :18: can you imagine how funny , strange and lucky that is ? we walked over several hills and nothing and he found it on just one. Oh and also gathered some kekhi I don't know whats the latin name of it but its an edible hollow plant

9e61d2082281.jpg

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Nice little haul there thanks for sharing your day out, think we call that the Dryads Saddle or Pheasants back fungi here, good eating

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Good haul mate. Dryads saddle is nice when its young. Have you any pics of the Kekhi as a whole plant? looks suspiciously like what we call Hogweed. The young fiddles and the unopened flower heads are delicious. Be interested to see if its the same.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Thanks friends ! And thanks for letting me know the name ;)
Yes I can take a picture of the whole plant tomorrow

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE